The United House of Prayer For All People ®
of the Church on the Rock of the Apostolic Faith
Sunday School Lesson **Consult Sunday School Book for Lesson Plan and References.
The Honorable Bishop C. M. Bailey, Leader
JULY 12, 2020
Subject: The Instructions of Wisdom
Golden Text: Verse 32-33
Please observe social distancing, mask wearing, sanitizing and all other health and safety rules.
24 The way of life is above to the wise, that he may depart from hell beneath.
25. The LORD will destroy the house of the proud: but he will establish the border of the widow.
26. The thoughts of the wicked are an abomination to the LORD: but the words of the pure are pleasant
27. He that is greedy of gain troubleth his own house; but he that hateth gifts shall live.
28. The heart of the righteous studieth to answer: but the mouth of the wicked poureth out evil things.
29. The LORD is far from the wicked: but he heareth the prayer of the righteous.
30. The light of the eyes rejoiceth the heart: and a good report maketh the bones fat.
31. The ear that heareth the reproof of life abideth among the wise.
32. He that refuseth instruction despiseth his own soul: but he that heareth reproof getteth
33. The fear of the LORD is the instruction of wisdom; and before honour is humility.
Hebrews 12:25, Proverbs 8:13, Job 28:28, Psalm 111:10, Jeremiah 5:3
1. What is the fear of the Lord?
2. What is it about instructions that we resist?
3. Why is it important to be humble before seeking honor?
What is culture? And why does it have such a great effect on how people see and do things?